6/16/17

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag - Round 2

I did this tag last year, and saw it popping up all over BookTube again, so thought I'd join in the fun with a 2017 version!  The tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildfire (see her video here) and Ely Jane (see her video here).

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017. 
Everyone's going to say this, so I'm going to pick the two most popular answers to this question: A Court of Wings and Ruin and A Conjuring of Light.  There, I said it; however, they're both just PERFECT SERIES ENDERS.  PURE PERFECTION.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.
Ha ha ha, see above!  Clearly I should have read the questions through first before I started answering.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.

I still have The Names They Gave Us, Once and For All, Strange the Dreamer, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, The Ministry of Utmost Happiness and Always and Forever, Lara Jean to read!  This time last year, I only had one unread new release ... umm, OOPS?

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo in September.  I'm also excited for Renegades by Marissa Meyer and Warcross by Marie Lu, but I'm not a fan of the covers for both books, which has reduced my enthusiasm for both.  Of course, there's also Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas but I haven't read Empire of Storms yet (I know, I know!) so that's also reduced my enthusiasm.

5. Biggest disappointment.

The Bane Chronicles.  I love Magnus Bane's character, but this series of novellas about his character was just meh.  It made a mindless project at work a little more bearable with this book on audio, but other than that I was very underwhelmed.

6. Biggest surprise.

The Hate U Give.  As soon as I saw that Jamie @ The Perpetula Page-Turner had loved it, I downloaded an e-galley.  I knew that I would love it too, but the surprise for me was that I loved it that much.  It blew me away.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

V.E. Schwab.  I DEVOURED the Darker Shades of Magic series.  Absolutely DEVOURED.  I loved it so much that I'm tempted to try This Savage Song.  The premise sounds intriguing, but I've heard others say that the either love her adult books, or her young adult books, but people rarely love both.  So I think I might just stick with her adult books.  BUT I loved the series so much that I also wonder if I might be part of the small group that loves all of her books.  So conflicted.

8. Newest fictional crush.

I'm not much of a book boyfriend kind of girl, so can I just pick Rhysand again this year?

9. Newest favourite character.

Lila Bard.  Hands down, no question.

10. Book that made you cry.
LORD OF SHADOWS.  It's been two weeks since I finished that book, and I'm still not okay.

11. Book that made you happy.
Although graphic novels aren't my favourite thing, it did make me happy to have a little bit more time in the Lunar Chronicles' world.  And Iko.  More Iko is happiness inducing.

12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Strange the Dreamer.  Maybe because I also know that Laini's beautiful writing awaits inside those gorgeous covers.

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
OH MY GOSH.  So many.  In order to finish the 17 books that I had planned to read, I still need to read The bone Season, Empire of Storms, Unraveling, Burn, Graceling, Shataram, The Girl at Midnight, A Man Called Ove, The Gammage Cup, Robber Bride and a Brandon Sanderson book.  And I've only read two of the ten series that I had planned to read this year, which still leaves the Lux series, the Throne of Glass series, the Magyk series, the Unwind dystology, the Everneath trilogy, the All Souls Trilogy, His Dark Assassins trilogy and the Pure trilogy.  I'm currently reading Burn, which will knock one of each list (hurrah!)  But that would still leave a total of 31 books to read!  Considering I've already read 41 books, it's possible!

Although the questions don't actually ask me to tag anyone, I'm gonna do it anyways, because I'm crazy like that.  I tag Jessica @ Novel Cravings and Lauren @ Lose Time Reading.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs