Crazy that this is the third round of Tome Topple! I participated in both rounds last year, and really enjoyed taking the time to enjoy a chunkier read. Too often we overlook these chunky books on our shelves in favour of quicker reads so that we can meet our Goodreads challenge or other reading challenges. Having just finished the All the Short Ones Readathon, I'm really looking forward to savouring a lengthier read. I have a lengthy list of books because I just frankly can't choose what I'd like to read at this exact moment. I had added a poll on Goodreads to ask for help, and A Gathering of Shadows was picked for me; however, A Conjuring of Light then showed up at my library, so I had to start AGoS before Tome Topple so that I can read ACoL. Book nerd problems, I tell ya.
This challenge is hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. It starts on April 7th at midnight in your time zone, and runs until April 20th, again at midnight in your time zone.
1. Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel
3. Read a tome that's part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel
Books that I'm considering:
1. A Conjuring of Light (because it's a library book)
2. The Bane Chronicles (because it's ridiculous how long this has sat on my shelves)
3. Strange the Dreamer (because it's pretty and just showed up in my mailbox)
4. Lady Midnight (because I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read this yet)
5. Shantaram (because it's intimidating as hell and I said I'd read it this year)
6. The Name of the Wind (see above)
7. The Way of Kings (see above, yet again -- is there an intimidating books readathon? because I think I should join that one too)
Clearly I'm not going to complete all the challenges (especially because there's no graphic novels on this list!) and I definitely won't read all of the books on the list, but there's some good (and intimidating!) books to choose from. Anything that you've read that I should bump to the top of my pile? Let me know in the comments below. If you're participating in this readathon, hope your enjoy your tome(s)!