3/31/17

March Wrap-up!


The Books

Books Read: 14 (The Mothers, Girl Coming in for a Landing, The Tiger Rising, Freak the Mighty, A Little Something Different, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, Little Knife, The Too-Clever Fox, the second and third Harry Potter novellas, Lips Touch, The Assassin's Blade, Gem & Dixie and Exit, Pursued by a Bear)
My ADSOReadathon TBR was 14 books, and I honestly didn't think that I could read that many.  Although I didn't read exactly the 14 books that I had planned to read, I did read the number that I had planned to read!  SUPER proud of myself this month.

Books Acquired: 1 (Strange the Dreamer)
Just the one pre-order!

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +4 (the novellas!)
TBR Challenge: +12 (all except The Mothers and Gem & Dixie)
Flights of Fantasy: +1 (Lips Touch)

The Blog

Definitely a quieter month on the blog, but I had a lot going on in the real world (more on that in the section below!)

 The Other Stuff

First of all, let me just tell you that I AM SO READY FOR SPRING.  We've had the snowier and colder winter than any other year, and I am so done with the white stuff.  It even snowed in early March.  MARCH!  On the West Coast of Canada, we generally get a couple of cm of snow in early December, maybe a week or two of chilly weather, but it just rains for the majority of the season.  This year we had weeks and weeks of snow, and weather so cold that the snow never melted!  I'm ready for rain, sunshine, cherry blossoms, daffodils and tulips -- bring on the balmy spring weather!

We started some more renovations in our house and are currently close to completing the addition of a bathroom in our basement.  The house came with the plumbing roughed in, but we had to do the rest.  Or our contractor did actually, but it was fun to learn a little bit about construction along the way!  I'm writing my final exam for my course in early April, and am already looking forward to having a break from school to A) read a ton and B) deep clean my house from all of the renovation dust that has spread into every little nook and cranny!

Finally, the highlight of the month is that I found a new job!  Since we moved, the commute has been less than ideal, with a drive, a train and a bus ride in order to get to work.  Plus, I've been wanting to move into more of a managerial role, and there weren't any opportunities for advancement at my current workplace.  So, I started looking for something downtown, which is geographically further away from my home, but more accessible because there's a direct train that connects the outlying city where I live with the downtown core.  I found a job that will be challenging, but will also provide me with some growth opportunities, so I'm excited!  My first day will be April 3rd.

How about you?  Are you as ready for spring as I am?  Let me know if you've read something amazing so far this year?  Thank you for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs