1/31/17

January Wrap-up

A new year, and a new round of monthly round-ups!

The Books

Books Read: 9 (Heartless, The Invention of Wings, Scrappy Little Nobody, The Hate U Give, Fireworks, Literally, A Day of Signs and Wonders, By Your Side, The Princess Saves Herself in This One)
I'm not doing well with any of my challenges so far, but I've been ROCKING my ARC pile!

Books Acquired: 4 (The Marriage Plot, Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, Inside the O'Briens)
One Chapters trip and one trip to a used bookstore (but in all honesty, I went there to unhaul books -- that's gotta count for something, right?)

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: 0 -- not a strong start series-wise, but I've read some great standalones!
TBR Challenge: +1 (Heartless)
Flights of Fantasy: +1 (Heartless)

I'm definitely going to focus harder on some series books and the book on my shelves next month, but I am proud of myself for making a big dent in my spring ARCs, even if none of them counted for challenges.

The Blog

I started the year off with my reading resolutions for 2017, as well as the 17 books and 10 series that I'd like to read this year.  I wrapped up last year's challenges and signed up for this year's challenges.  I'm also going to do seasonal TBR lists, but only five books at a time, and I'm actually doing quite well already with my winter TBR.  I shared one On My Nightstand post, but only to chat about what I'm currently reading and what I've recently completed.  And, finally, if you've missed it, the sign-up (finally!) went live for the 2017 Prequel & Sequel Challenge.

 The Other Stuff

I feel like New Year's Day was yesterday, but yet somehow we're at the end of the month already!  January was cold and snowy for the first half of the month, but thankfully we had a solid week of rain and the snow is now gone!  I'm not a fan of the cold, white winters and much prefer our usual grey, rainy winter days.

We spent most of the month unpacking, organizing and settling into our new house.  We officially moved in on December 14th, after a week of painting and cleaning and carpet installation.  My mother-in-law and her husband were here over the holidays so we were busy with family.  It was wonderful to be able to host Christmas dinner in our home, which we were never able to do in our small condo.  I'm happier that I ever thought possible in our new home, and looking forward to enjoying many happy years here.  Plus, this girl doesn't want to pack her books again.  Like, ever.

I'm also slowly getting back into yoga.  It's hard to find the energy during the week, but I've been averaging about three times per week, which is a HUGE improvement over last year (but, then again, I was moving and packing and cleaning almost every day -- that totally counts as physical activity, just not yoga).  I find that I'm in a better head space with yoga in my life, and I plan to continue this trend throughout 2017.  I'm also slowly working on changes in my life that will enable me to have more time in the day for the things that I love.  I still have yet to see what those changes may be, but I'm confident that they'll be good ones.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, but good things are coming.

How about your?  How has your 2017 been so far?  Let me know if you've read something amazing so far this year, or if you're still on board the new year's resolutions train?  Thank you for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. You read so many great books! What did you think of The Hate U Give? I read it this month too and I didn't love it as much as I wanted. It is certainly an important book, but the pacing felt off for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs