12/31/16

Looking Back at 2016...

Another year, gone in the blink of an eye!  2016 was a pretty awesome year, with the two highlights being the purchase of our first home and the birth of my niece and nephew.  I can't wait to see what wonderful things 2017 will bring!  But first, let's look back at my bookish resolutions for the past year...

1. Read mainly books from my shelves.
I definitely did well at this challenge, and I'm pretty sure that I have less unread books on my shelves now than I did at the beginning of the year.  I acquired a lot of books this year, but read more books than I acquired, so I'm pretty sure my physical TBR pile shrunk.

2. Stay away from review copies.
I did pretty well at this challenge, even though I currently have two expired e-galleys (although they're like two years expired) and one read but not yet reviewed title.  I also have three (I think?) e-galleys for next year.  Out of the review copies that I acquired this year, I did read and review all of them on time (except one but I was approved for a review copy after it was released) and I'm proud of myself for that!

3. Stay true to myself.
I feel very out of touch with what's current and popular right now because I really did stick to this resolution.  I only succumbed to hype twice this year: once when everyone was re-reading the Raven Cycle in preparation for the release of the final book, and the second time when everyone online was falling in love with A Court of Mist and Fury.  Even though the first one didn't work out, the second book ended up being my top read of the year.  So that counts as a success, right?

4. Try to interact online more.
SUCCESS.  I participated in the Love-a-thon and two rounds of Tome Topple.  I signed up, but didn't really complete, the Make-me-read-it-a-thon.  I also participated in two rounds of the OTSP Secret Sister project, and the Broke & Bookish's Secret Santa for a fifth year!

5. Continue to make progress with my series.
I had planned to read five newer series, and five older series.  Out of the newer series, I finished three of the five that I planned to read (the Lunar Chronicles, ACOTAR and the Retribution of Mara Dyer).  I didn't catch up with the Throne of Glass series or the Pure trilogy.  Out of the older series, I finished two of them (the Infernal Devices trilogy and the Among the Hidden series).  Both included a re-read of the first book!  I also re-read Magyk in preparation for finishing the series, but none of the books could be used for checking off the Around the World in 52 Books challenge, so I opted for reading other things.  I didn't get to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series or the Unwind series.

How about you?  Did you have reading resolutions and, if so, did you complete them?  Let me know in the comments below, and Happy New Year!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Well, for 2016 I had two goals: to read 50 books, and to read the 46 unread books I had on my shelf. I read 103 books total, but only 20 of the unread on my shelf (and added a BUNCH to that list...haha). I'm ok with it though! This year I'm participating in several reading challenges and I'm eager to see how that will go for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs