11/14/16

Tome Topple TBR!

Earlier this year, I participated in the Tome Topple readathon, hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes.  She's hosting a second round of this readathon, which starts on November 18th and runs for two weeks.  Normally, I don't participate in readathons because I'm not able to read all that quickly, but I love this readathon because it's two weeks long, and it encourages readers to pick up longer books.  Too often, as we try to meet our reading challenges, we opt for the shorter books and neglect those chunky reads that end up collecting dust on our bookshelves.  The focus of this readathon is books that are over 500 pages, and that's the only rule.  There are five challenges, but I won't be meeting all of them (and that's okay!)

CHALLENGES: 
1. Read more than 1 tome2. Read a graphic novel 3. Read a tome that's part of a series4. Buddy read a tome (use goodreads and twitter to find buddies!)5. Read an adult novel


The book that I'm planning to read is Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo, which is tome-worthy at 536 pages.  I loved Six of Crows earlier this year and I'm looking forward to finishing the series.  This will satisfy the challenge of reading a tome that's part of a series.  If I finish it, I might pick up Empire of Storms, which is also a tome, but we'll see.  I'm planning to savour Crooked Kingdom, so it might take me two whole weeks to read it!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs