10/21/16

On My Nightstand - October 21

Recently shelved as read:

Holy smokes, it's been another month since I shared another one of these posts!  I went through a period time of being all over the place with my reading, and having a ton of books on the go at the same time, so I won't bother summarizing all of them.  Stay tuned for my wrap-up, coming in just over a week.  I'm going to try to get into the habit of doing these posts on a weekly basis again.

On my nightstand:



I still have two books on the go, plus one that I've set aside in favour of a library book.  I just finished The Young Elites last night, so I'm diving straight into The Rose Society, which I'm buddy reading with Lauren @ Lose Time Reading.  I haven't binge read a series in a long, long time, and I also have The Midnight Star on my shelf so hopefully I can plow through them all!

On audio, I was listening to the fifth Harry Potter book, but I put Gayle Forman's Leave Me on hold at the library.  I have an eARC for review, but the font is too tiny to read on my Kobo, so I thought I'd listen on audio instead.  The narrator is great but I'm not loving the story too much.  As a mom, it's hard to identify with what the main character is going through.  We'll see how I feel by the end.

Calling my name from the shelf:


I'm hoping that I love The Rose Society, and then I'll dive straight into The Midnight Star.  It's been a while since my last binge read!


POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I really need to start The Young Elites! Especially since all 3 are out now. Maybe I'll try it on audio after I finish A Torch Against the Night...Have you read those? So good! Anyway, I've been worried about Leave Me. It sounds like a hard one to take in as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave Me isn't hard to read, but it's really hard to relate to her because she just packs up and leaves! I just can't understand her thinking, which means I feel distanced from the book. I haven't read An Ember in the Ashes yet, but the girl sitting next to me on the plane earlier this month was reading it and raved about it too!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs