10/31/16

October Wrap-up!

Another month come and gone, and we're drawing ever closer to December ... and my final move!  Super excited to see the end of the year arrive, and to be finally settled in our forever home, and excited that we now only have just over a month until we get the keys!

The Books

Books Read: 10 (Among the Enemy, Among the Free, How to Be Someone Else, The Undomestic Goddess, The Girl on the Train, Night of Cake & Puppets, Before We Were Strangers, The Young Elites, Leave Me, The Rose Society)
Finished off a series -- hurray!  And started a new one -- hurray!  I honestly don't feel like I read all that much this month, but sometimes I surprise myself when I add it all up!

Books Acquired: 6 (Empire of Storms, Burning Kingdoms, The Rose Society, Crooked Kingdom, Lips Touch and The Midnight Star)
With all of the packing and moving, I haven't bought too many books this year!  But there were SO MANY good fall releases, and many Indigo sales and specials and, well, yeah.  Things happen.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +17 (Among the Enemy, Among the Free, Night of Cake and Puppets, The Rose Society) -- CHALLENGE COMPLETED!
TBR Challenge: +3 (The Undomestic Goddess, Night of Cake and Puppets, The Young Elites)
Around the Year in 52 Books: Three more challenges completed ... and the ones that are left are pretty hard!
  • A book about an anti-hero (The Young Elites) -- I had previously assigned Mara Dyer for this book, but have switched that one to 16th book on my TBR list.
  • A book with food or drink in the title (Night of Cake and Puppets)
  • A book from Goodreads recommendations (Before We Were Strangers)
  • A book that takes place more than 100 years ago (The Rose Society) -- I had previously assigned Burial Rites for this book, but have switched that one to a historical fiction book

The Blog

Since last month's TBR was a bit of a flop, I started the month off with a much more achievable TBR goal (and read 'em both -- hurray!).  I also caught up on all of my review books, and shared reviews for Replica, Small Great Things and How to Be Someone Else.

The Other Stuff

Oh October, you were great and not so great.  I started off the month by embarking on a new project: bullet journalling!  My husband surprised me with a Chapters gift card as a thank you for my hard work on getting us moved and settled in, so I treated myself to a Leuchtturm 1917 journal, which is absolutely gorgeous.  I then spent the first couple of days in October watching YouTube and scrolling through Pinterest, searching for inspiration before I put pen to paper.  It's been a fun adventure so far, as I'm slowly learning what I need out of the journal to be more organized in my life, but also keeping it light and not making the bullet journalling into a chore.

Then, one Sunday evening, I overflowed a teacup full of boiling water and scalded my left hand really badly.  I sat with my hand in a bowl of cool water from 9:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m., when it finally felt like the skin was no longer on fire and I was able to sleep.  It was gross and blistered and peeled and was just all round icky, but it's finally healed now!  And I'm very careful with my teacup now =)

The highlight of the month, by far, was my trip out to Ontario for one the wedding of one of my closest friends.  It was my first time travelling alone, since I left my boys at home.  I missed them like crazy, but also enjoyed a little adult getaway and LOVED all the reading time on the plane.  The wedding was absolutely perfect, and it was such an honour to stand beside one of my best friends as she ventured into married life.

The second highlight of the month, by far, was Hallowe'en.  Although this is Marko's fourth Hallowe'en, it was the first one that he was really into.  We went carved pumpkins and he was really excited about dressing up as Chase from Paw Patrol.  Although I've loved every single stage along the way, I really feel like he's getting to be the age that will be the MOST fun of all.



POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Looks like October was a busy and productive month for you. That's great!
    Although I'm so sorry to hear about your hand, burns can be quite awful as only time can usually take care of them. :(

    ADORABLE. Daughter of my best friend is obsessed with Paw Patrol, I've been educating myself on it for when I watch her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullet journaling always sounds so fun. I was using my Happy Planner a lot last year, but I fell out of the habit when Rowan was born. I need to get a new one for 2017 now!

    Sorry about your hand! That sounds awful. :(

    Marko looks adorable. Finn had a lot of fun this year too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs