10/20/16

How To Be Someone Else - Rachel Del

I started following Rachel Del on Instagram, intrigued by the fact that she is a Canadian writer living in the States, and also that her son is close to Marko's age.  I'd interacted with her a few times on Instagram, and then requested a review copy of her upcoming book, How to Be Someone Else.

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started this book, especially because it was my very first indie read.  While it didn't blow me away, it was a very sweet and heartfelt book that hit all the right points for a good contemporary.  Rachel Del's writing style is fluid and easy to read, and I flew through the pages.  There were a couple of plot twists that I could see coming, but they were still well thought out.  In many ways, the book reminded me of Colleen Hoover's coming-of-age type stories (Colleen is the only indie-esque writer that I have experienced, since she used to self-publish) and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it from beginning to end.  I scalded my hand quite badly while making tea one evening and this book was the perfect companion as I sat up reading late into the night, my hand soaking in a bowl of cool water.  It's a page turner with interesting and compelling characters, and has just the right amount of heart without becoming too sappy.

Highly recommend picking this one up if you're looking for a good new adult read with just the right amount of sexiness and character growth!

Note: An eARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review, but this fact did not influence my opinion of the book in any way.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs