9/30/16

September Wrap-Up!

OK, seriously, I'm pretty sure I wrote my summer wrap-up last week.  Surely it can't have been a month ago!  I'm in complete disbelief that it's nearly October.  I didn't read nearly as much this month, but it was also a pretty busy month with not as much free time.

The Books

Books Read: 7 (Among the Barons, Small Great Things, Among the Brave, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, North of Normal, Finnikin of the Rock)
Actually seven books in a month isn't that bad!  Three of these books were very short middle grade novels, and one and a half were audiobooks.

Books Acquired: 2 (Empire of Storms and Burning Kingdoms)
I thought I'd dive into EoS right away, but now that I have it in my hands I'm enjoying the anticipation.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +8 (Among the Barons, Harry Potter, Among the Brave and Among the Enemy) 
TBR Challenge: +4 (Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Harry Potter, Finnikin of the Rock, Among the Enemy)
Around the Year in 52 Books: 2 more challenges completed:
  • A book from the Rory Gilmore Challenge (Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire)
  • A book by an author you should have read by now (Finnikin of the Rock)

The Blog

I started the month off with my September TBR and finished the month off my reading exactly zero of the books that I had planned to read.  My reasoning is this: the weather was so beautiful and sunny and warm during September that I ended up craving different types of books!  Hopefully, I can find the time to get to those two books, since both of them are on my fall TBR list.  I also shared a list of my favourite books of all time, and shared my first first "on my nightstand" post since June!  Oh, and I reviewed a book!  Diplomatic Immunity was a fun contemporary with heart, and definitely worth a read.

The Other Stuff

We moved into our temporary rental on September 9th, and said a bittersweet goodbye to our condo on the 12th.  Although I'm excited about moving to a new home, we made so many incredible memories in that condo.  It will always be remembered as our first home, where we got engaged, married, pregnant and where Marko spent the first three and half years of his life.  It was even tough saying goodbye to our neighbours in the building -- such a great community, and I felt honoured to call it my home.  I'm also looking forward to making more memories and new friends in our new place -- it's onwards and upwards for this family =)

Our rental place is cute, and we're really close to an amazing park.  Having beautiful weather in September equaled lots of evening park time, with views like this:


Seriously, with no exaggeration, this photo was taken a block away from where I'm living, and it was taken with my iPhone, with no filters or fancy apps.  I'm in awe of where we're living, and fully plan to enjoy every minute of this time.

Work is work, and has had its busy moments, but also some downtime to catch up on organizational projects and filing.  I must be the only employee every to be geeky about the filing system, and excited about my "Master Filing List" spreadsheet -- but it's what I love to do.

As much fun as September has been, I'm looking forward to lots of great adventures in October.  I'm flying to Toronto for the Thanksgiving long weekend for one of my best friends' wedding.  Super excited to be with her on her big day, but also nervous about being away from home without my boys for five whole days?  SUPER excited for all the plane reading time though.

How was your summer?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. We have had a fun summer! It started off busy but ended slow and I'm not complaining. I'm jealous of your plane reading time! ;) I hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs