9/12/16

Diplomatic Immunity - Brodi Ashton

I read and loved Everneath shortly after starting this blog.  I still look back fondly on my reading experience of that book because I went in blind, not knowing what the story was about at all.  I ended up LOVING it and losing myself in the story during a ferry ride back to Victoria.  Honestly, it shocks me that I never ended up finishing the series, but I would definitely start with re-reading the first book.

I've been very selective about my ARCs this, and have only downloaded a couple of Harper's titles on Edelweiss.  I was so proud of myself for finishing all of my finished review copies too, so I treated myself one evening by logging into Edelweiss to see what new titles were available.  When I saw Brodi's name, I took a chance on this book, and I'm so glad that I did.

If you've read the Everneath series, please know that this book is nothing like that series.  It's a cute contemporary story that reminded me a little of Top Ten Clues You're Clueless or Anna and the French Kiss.  I like my contemporaries with a side of heart and this story was both sweet and genuine.  Nothing felt forced or contrived, and I have the utmost respect for a contemporary writer that can pull that off.

Diplomatic Immunity is sweet (but won't rot your teeth) and cute (but won't make you roll your eyes aloud).  Highly recommend picking this one up!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. This book does sound cute! I haven't read any of Brodi's books yet. I might have to start with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you do pick it up! Her other series is very paranormal/fantastical (honestly, I can't remember which!) I think it had something to do with mythology, or the underworld, or something along those lines? I just remember LOVING it, but haven't picked up the rest of the series yet.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs