7/15/16

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

There is nothing that I love more than making lists of books that I plan to read, freaking out about all the ones that I haven't read, and then making more lists of books to read.  So, when I saw a bunch of BookTubers posting the Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag, it seemed like a fun thing to do here on the blog.  The tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildfire (see her video here) and Ely Jane (see her video here).

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
I've read so many great books this year!  Honestly, it's probably a three way tie between Winter, Six of Crows and A Court of Mist and Fury.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
Again, a tie between Winter and Six of Crows.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.

Happily enough, I only have one unread 2016 release on my shelves, and that is Lady Midnight.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

Another three way tie, but this one is between Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Crooked Kingdoms and Empire of Storms.

5. Biggest disappointment.

Hands down, the Raven Boys.  I expected WAY more from that book, and was extremely disappointed.

6. Biggest surprise.

Probably Brain on Fire.  I had to read it for book club and, while memoirs are hit and miss for me, I was absolutely riveted by this book, and could barely put it down!

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

I was absolutely riveted by Love, Chloe after I saw Alyssa @ Swept Away by Books raving about it on Instagram.  I'll definitely be checking out more books by Alessandra Torre.

8. Newest fictional crush.

I've never been much of a fictional crush kind of person, but Rhysand is definitely sexxxxxxxy.

9. Newest favourite character.

Inej from Six of Crows.  I'm so excited to learn more about her in Crooked Kingdoms.
10. Book that made you cry.

Definitely A Court of Mist and Fury.  My heart aches just thinking about it.

11. Book that made you happy.
The Unexpected Everything.  PUPPIES and ICE CREAM!?!?

12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
It's a toss up between A Court of Mist and Fury and Lady Midnight.  Since I'm currently reading Lady Midnight, I can't be 100% certain that it's going to be beautiful inside and out, but if it's as good as everyone says then it'll be tough to choose between these two!

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Omigosh, SO MANY.  I definitely plan to read the rest of my 2016 releases list since, after I finish Lady Midnight, I will be completely up to date with new releases.  I still plan to read It Ends With Us, Empire of Storms, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Crooked Kingdoms, Strange the Dreamer and Heartless.

Then, in order to finish my 16 books to read in 2016 list, I still have to finish Unraveling, Beautiful Disaster, The Young Elites, Dangerous Girls, The Angel's Game, Bedtime Story, Finnikin of the Rock, Burn, Across the Universe, Past Perfect and Half-Blood.  YIKES.

14 Favourite Book Community Member (Blogger, Booktuber and Bookstagrammer).
Again, SO MANY.  I know that I'm not as active at interacting in the community as I wish I could be, but please know that I love all of you!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I really loved Inej too. Brain on Fire looks super interesting! I have a hard time making time for nonfiction, but I should read that one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs