7/4/16

Bookish Resolutions -- Halfway Point!

I always see mid-year resolution posts on other blogs, but have never been organized enough to a mid-year check-in myself.  This year though, is the year of getting all of the reading things done.  Let's see where I'm at on my 2016 resolutions...

1. Read mainly books from my shelves.
Definitely doing this!  Most of the library books that I've borrowed have been books that I own, but packed.

2. Stay away from review copies.
I've been much better at this and, as of the time that I type this, I'm all caught up on my finished copies for review, but still have two expired e-galleys.  I have two fall releases yet to read, but I'm feeling good about meeting those deadlines.

3. Stay true to myself.
I'm definitely rocking this one, since the only book that I've been disappointed by so far is The Raven Boys.  I really thought that I would like that one more, since so many people have loved it and they have similar reading tastes to my own.

4. Try to interact online more.
I've been terrible at keeping up with my Bloglovin' feed this year, and will try a little harder to visit and comment on blogs.  But I have been more active in the bookish community, as I participated in the Love-a-Thon, Tome Topple and OTSP Secret Sister.

5. Continue to make progress with my series.
I've knocked four series off my TBR for the year, with six more remaining.  Two of the series only have one book to read (Empire of Storms and Burn), so I'm confident that I'll hit six by the end of the year for sure.  I'd definitely like to tackle one of the older series next, I'm thinking either the Magyk series or Among the Hidden, since they're middle grade and quick reads.

How about you?  Do you have any bookish reading goals for the year?  Leave me a comment below -- and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are on track with your resolutions!

    I just did a recap of my own and seem to be on the same path. I got a little caught up in my ARC requests but I seem to be making some headway on those and have been able to spread them out a bit so I'm not totally bogged down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing great at meeting your goals. I'm soooo far behind on everything. Everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs