6/3/16

Tome Topple Readathon

One of my favourite BookTubers, Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes, is hosting a super fun readathon over the next couple of weeks.  Generally, I don't usually partake in readathons, given that I generally only read when Marko is sleeping.  But this one looks fun, and goes for two weeks (June 6th to June 19th), so I thought I'd join in.  You can see the video with the challenges here.

Basically, the purpose of this readathon is to devote some time to some chunkier reads, which often get overlooked in pursuit of reading challenges.  We all do it, gravitate towards the shorter reads because we're behind on our Goodreads challenge.  I've read quite a few chunkier reads this year, and have loved taking the time to savour them and not being too worried about my reading goals.  I'm currently working my way through A Court of Mist and Fury and, even though I have some new summery contemporaries that are calling my name from the shelf, I'm still loving every minute of this book and I'm in no hurry to finish it!

The challenges for this readathon are:

1. Read more than one tome (500+ pages)
2. Take a graphic novel break (doesn't need to be over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Read over 500 pages in one week
5. Read an adult novel

Now, as with most readathons, I highly doubt that I'll complete all of the challenges, but I'll try.  As mentioned above, I'm currently reading A Court of Mist and Fury, which will count as reading a tome that is part of a series.  (I've already been reading the book for a week, but shhhhhh it still counts!)  Next, I think I'll dive into The Unexpected Everything, which is also over 500 pages.  It'll be a quick read, so I might be able to read more that 500 pages in a week, even though I do have my midterm on June 12th.  We'll see.  I'm not sure about the graphic novel or the adult novel, unless I swing by the library and borrow an adult graphic novel?  Any suggestions?

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs