6/24/16

E-Book TBR Pile

Last summer, I shared my TBR pile of physical books, as well as posts about my read books.  It was fun to put that series together, and I have now added a tab to the top bar of my physical TBR pile, just to always give myself a realistic look at the books that I own and haven't read yet.  My book buying has been way, way less this year, with the exception of a few highly anticipated new releases, as well as the gifts from my OTSP Secret Sister.

Although I've started sharing my e-book purchases in my book haul posts, I haven't included my e-books in my TBR pile.  They've really started to add up and I thought I should have an honest look at the unread books on my e-reader...

  1. The Nightingale
  2. A Man Called Ove
  3. The One and Only Ivan
  4. Red Queen
  5. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
  6. Beautiful Ruins
  7. The Queen of the Tearling
  8. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
  9. Succubus Blues
  10. Written in Red
  11. Circus 
  12. The Winner's Curse
  13. A Little Something Different
  14. Secret Daughter
  15. The Invasion of the Tearling
  16. The Kiss of Deception
  17. Delinquents
  18. Innocents
  19. The Year We Fell Down
  20. Too Clever Fox
  21. Little Knife
  22. The Diviners
  23. Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend
  24. To All the Boys I've Loved Before
  25. Before We Were Strangers
  26. Night of Cake and Puppets
Yikes, 26 unread e-books!  In all honesty, I have no idea what Circus is, or how it ended up on my e-reader.  It looks like a sampler from a book?  I don't recall downloading it though, and it's a little weird that Kobo would put things onto my e-reader without asking first.  Delinquents, Innocents and The Year We Fell Down were all freebies that were recommended to me by a co-worker.  Too Clever Fox, Little Knife and Night of Cake and Puppets are all novellas.  This leaves 19 full-length novels that I have paid for and haven't read yet.

There are a few on here that I would like to read for my Around the Year in 52 Books challenge:
  • 16th Book on my TBR: The Nightingale (especially since Brie just read and loved it!)
  • A book from my Goodreads Recommendations: A Man Called Ove
  • A book about books: Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore
  • A book with food in the title: Night of Cake and Puppets
  • A novella from a favourite genre: Too Clever Fox and Little Knife
  • A book by an author who writes under more than one name: Broken Hearts, Fences...
  • An award-winning book: The One and Only Ivan
If I can read all of these books by the end of the year, it will leave me with 14 fully purchased but unread books on my e-reader, which feels like a much more reasonable number.  In any case, I'm definitely going to be adding my unread e-books to my TBR pile list and will be working to reduce the number of unread books that I own, both physical copies and e-copies!


POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. The Nightingale is fantastic. I hope you will read that one soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs