5/6/16

On My Nightstand - May 6

Recently shelved as read:


My book club picked this book, and we had our meeting on Wednesday evening.  It was a really lighthearted beachy read, but also provoked some good discussion.  I'd had this book on my Goodreads TBR for YEARS, so I'm really glad that I was finally able to pick it up!

On my nightstand:


I'm about halfway through The Raven Boys, and I'm enjoying it but I'm not sure that it's quite living up to the hype just yet.  Perhaps it's because it's a little bit slow, although the writing is gorgeous for sure.  I also picked up The Love that Split the World on April 30th, so even though I didn't finish it in April, at least I started it!  I'm enjoying it so far.

Calling my name from the shelf:


Definitely picking this one up next -- I'm tired of hearing myself say that I'm in the mood to read it, so I just need to read it already =P  I also picked up the sequel, so I can binge read them back to back if I feel like it.  My book club has picked The Nest as our June read and I'm excited to get into this one.  Our meeting isn't until early June, so I have a few weeks until I need to pick this up.  I always wrestle with picking up the book club read right away so that I'll have time to finish it if it's a slower read, but then also wanting to read it closer to the date so that I don't forget everything that happened in the book but also run the risk of not having enough time to finish the book on time.  It's a bookish struggle people, and it's real =P


How about you?  What are you reading this weekend?  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!


POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs