5/31/16

May Wrap-up!

May has been a truly wonderful month ... read on to see what wonderful things happened for me!

The Books

Books Read: 3 (On the Island, The Love that Split the World, A Court of Thorns and Roses)
I'm still two books ahead on my Goodreads challenge, but took the time to slow down and savour these reads this month, which was a nice change after my voracious series reading the month before!  There's been a lot going on off the page this month, but more on that later in this post.

Books Acquired: 4 (When We Collided, The Unexpected Everything, A Court of Mist and Fury and The Nest)

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +0 
TBR Challenge: +0
Around the Year in 52 Books: 3 more challenges completed:
  • A book with a beautiful title (The Love that Split the World)
  • A book on a summer reading list (On the Island)
  • A book with a beautiful cover (A Court of Thorns and Roses)

The Blog

I started my third HR class this month and school work interfered with the amount of blogging that I was able to do.  I think I hit my stride with balancing work, school and reading, so hopefully you'll see a more regular posting schedule next month.  I'm also crazy behind with my blog visiting -- if I haven't stopped by to say hi in a while, I will try to visit next month!

The month started with my May TBR, and I didn't read either of the two books -- oops!  I acquired a fair number of books this month, and shared two hauls.  The first one featured books that my amazing OTSP Secret Sister sent to me, as well as some e-books, and the second was my birthday order, featuring some yummy summer contemporaries!  I joined Top Ten Tuesday once this month, and shared a list of characters that I'd love to revisit as an adult ... or just have another volume to their stories!  Finally, I shared the intimidating TBR tag -- this one was so much fun to write!

The Other Stuff

May has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotion, but in a good way.  We officially listed our condo in early May and had a lot of interest, and then a collapsed over, but finally, FINALLY, as of yesterday, OUR CONDO IS SOLD!!!!!  Sooooo excited and relieved, especially because I can finally stop trying to keep my house looking like a show home.  It's exhausting to clean for one or two hours every day, and constantly tell your toddler to stop touching things.  We have to move by September 12th, which gives us lots of time to look for and find a house to buy.  This journey is far from over, but I'm excited for the next steps.

At work, I received a promotion!  I've been wanting to take on more of a management role for a while, to supplement the human resources program that I'm taking at school.  Our administrative team has been exceptionally busy over the past month or so, so the owner of the company has decided that it's time to add an extra member to our team.  My first task in my new role is to find and hire this new person, and then going forward I will be supervising and coordinating the administrative team to ensure that our workload is balanced and that we're able to pull together to meet deadlines.  I've also been working for the past six months on a proposal for the owner of the company to digitize 300 boxes of archived files.  After an enormous amount of work and coordinating and test scanning, we finally shipped all of the boxes off site for scanning!  I half-jokingly referred to the completion of this project as my life's greatest achievement =)

How about you?  Was May as awesome for you as it was for me?  Have you read anything sensational so far this year?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs