4/14/16

Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford

At the same time that I requested Everything, Everything, I also requested Lost Ocean.  Having never owned an adult colouring book, I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew that I wanted to try out this fad that seemed to be taking the Instagram community by storm!  I've also newly subscribed to Audible, and thought that colouring while listening to an audiobook would be a relaxing way to spend some time before bed.

It'll be no surprise to anyone that the illustrations in these books are incredible and intricate.  What surprised me though, is the sheer amount of time that it takes to colour even the smallest section.  I started with the title page, and each fish swimming around the title took me close 15 minutes!  It was just over two hours for just that page, which is one of the least intricate pages in the entire book.  I coloured a lot as a child, whether in colouring books or just on blank paper, and I think I was expecting to move through the pages as quickly as I did as a child; however, the intricacy and details of the pictures mean that it takes a lot longer than I was expecting.  This isn't a negative thing, but it was definitely surprising!  I've had this book in my possession for two months now, and I'm still working on the second page so it is going to take me a long, long time to finish.  I'm enjoying it though, and am enjoying listening to audiobooks outside of my car while I colour.

If you have been contemplating picking up an adult colouring book, go for it!  Lost Ocean is beautiful, but Johanna Basford has produced many other colouring books and I'm sure that they're all as incredible as this one.

Note: A copy of this book was provided for my review, but this has not influenced my thoughts in any way.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs