4/30/16

April Wrap-up!

Spring has sprung, and already we're onto another monthly wrap-up!  I'm pretty happy with the amount and variety of reading that I've done so far this year, and I'm even ahead by 3 books on my Goodreads challenge, despite taking the time this month to read three chunky books!

The Books

Books Read: 5 (Year of Yes, Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess, Tell the Wind and Fire)
Although this is technically less books than last month, the Infernal Devices series is over 1,500 pages, and I read the entire thing in three weeks!  I count this as a super successful month!

Books Acquired: 1 (Alice in Zombieland)
Big thanks, yet again, to my wonderful OTSP Secret Sister!  I can't wait to give this series a try -- especially since I know that Betty @ Brave New Betty loved it so much.  

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +14 (Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess)
TBR Challenge: +3 (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess)
Around the Year in 52 Books: 5 more challenges completed:
  • A non-fiction book (Year of Yes)
  • A book of young adult fiction (Clockwork Angel)
  • A book that you feel like everyone has read but you (Clockwork Prince)
  • The highest rated book on your TBR (Clockwork Princess)
  • A book with a great opening line (Tell the Wind and Fire)

The Blog

It was a quieter month on the blog, mainly because I was so enthralled with the Infernal Devices.  I started the month off with my April TBR (and I only read one of the two books this month because of, you guessed it, the Infernal Devices!)  I caught up on my read and unreviewed books, and shared reviews for Everything, Everything, Tell the Wind and Fire and Lost Ocean.

The Other Stuff

I feel like April flew by, but I'm not really sure what I did this month.  My father-in-law visited during the first weekend of the month, both to help my husband paint our condo and to celebrate his 65th birthday.  After that weekend, the rest of the month was just filled with work, cleaning, some work in the garden and reading the Infernal Devices.  Did I mention that reading TID took up pretty much my entire month?  We did have a crazy heat wave mid-April with summer-like temperatures, so there was lots of park and outdoor time.  Marko absolutely loves going outside, so we try to spend as much time outdoors as the weather will allow.  We've also started exploring parks in our potential new house area, just to get a feel for the neighbourhood.  Our place will be officially on the market in early May, and as soon as it's sold we'll start officially house hunting!  I'm excited to have a bigger place, and a place that is all ours rather than living in an apartment building.  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we find our dream home for the perfect price and the right move-in timeline.

How about you?  What was the highlight of April for you?  Have you read anything sensational so far this year?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I honestly don't even know where the month went, it feels as if it just started! I read a few books, got more excited about blogging, and started re-reading some favourites! The weather is getting nicer here so hopefully soon I can start reading out back :) I would be today but it's still a bit cold.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs