3/15/16

Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is one of my all time favourites -- planning my spring TBR pile!

As I shared last month, we're planning to sell our condo, which means that we've spent the past month packing up all of our non-essential belongings, moving them into a storage locker and are now getting ready to paint and put our place on the market!  It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time.  I've kept one box of books in my closet (hidden from my husband who told me to pack them ALL) and I'll be secretly picking from this box over the coming weeks.  I likely won't be reading as much in the coming months, as we will hopefully be selling and buying by summertime, but it's also equally possible that I'll be escaping into book worlds because life is so busy and stressful.  So, here's what I'll be escaping into:

1. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This one's going to be read this month, as I want to knock this series off my TBR.  I have a feeling that this one's going to be a bit of a disappointment, so this series is tentatively in the bag of books that are going back to the used bookstore.

2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This is another book that I kept out of the packed boxes, mainly because I'm not certain that I'll finish this one.  It's on my list of 16 books to read in 2016, mainly because it's been collecting dust on my shelves since I started blogging and I need to see if I'm still interested in this series.

3. Burn by Julianna Baggott
I may end up putting this book on a few TBR lists this year, but this is one series that I am committed to finishing this year ... at some point.

4. Brain on Fire by Suzannah Calahan
This is cheating ... just a little, but this is my book club's next pick, so it's one that I'll be reading for sure.

5. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
I also kept all my Black Dagger Brotherhood books out of the boxes, because I pass these along to my sister-in-law when I'm done reading them.  She hasn't been reading much lately, but at least they're stored at her house instead of mine -- see how sneaky I am with my book packing/hoarding?

6. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
I've read all of Sophie Kinsella's books, except this one and I have owned it for years.  It also satisfies another of the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge, which is read a book by an author that writes under more than one name.

7. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
I'm scared to read this one, really really scared.  I feel the same way about this series as I did going into Throne of Glass.  It's so beloved by so many that I'm afraid that I'll be the only person that doesn't like it, but I'm also a little bit excited that I'll find another series to love.

8. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
9. When We Collided by Emery Lord
10. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
I pre-ordered all three of these from Chapters, but they won't be delivered until close to the end of May.  I may not finish all three by the first day of summer, but I'll try!

How about you?  What's on your spring TBR pile?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog =)

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs