3/31/16

March Wrap-up!

Another month already come and gone, and what a busy month it was!  I'll get into all the personal stuff later, but let's start with the bookish stuff...

The Books

Books Read: 9 (The Light Between Oceans, Of Metal and Wishes, A Feast for Crows, Stars Above, Brain on Fire, Burial Rites, Changing His Game, The Retribution of Mara Dyer and Love, Chloe)
I had a crazy good reading month and completed twice the number of books that I read last month!  Of course, A Feast for Crows has been ongoing for the last couple of months =P

Books Acquired: 1 (Lady Midnight)
We're not counting e-books, right?  RIGHT?  I honestly hadn't even planned to pick up Lady Midnight, but, well, it happened.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +16 (A Feast for Crows, Stars Above, Mara Dyer)
TBR Challenge: +4 (The Light Between Oceans, A Feast for Crows, Burial Rites, Mara Dyer)
Around the Year in 52 Books: 9 more challenges completed:
  • A book set in a different continent (The Light Between Oceans)
  • A book about a thing that goes bump in the night (Of Metal and Wishes)
  • A top 100 fantasy novel (A Feast for Crows)
  • A book about an anti-hero (The Retribution of Mara Dyer)
  • A short story from a well-known author (Stars Above)
  • A book you're embarrassed to read in public (Changing His Game)
  • A book about mental illness (Brain on Fire)
  • A book with a first name in the title (Love, Chloe)
  • A book set in the past (more than 100 years ago) (Burial Rites)

The Blog

I started the month off by sharing my March TBR and I'm definitely enjoying sharing these posts, especially since I'm 4/4 for the books that I had planned to read!  I brought back Marko Monday with another update on my little man and a review of our latest favourite book.  I didn't share too many creative posts this month (which is maybe why I read so much?!?) so the rest of my posts are mainly On My Nightstand updates and Thursday Tracks.  I'm really quite proud of the post that I wrote about Blue Nile's Soul Boy.  And, although I'm not counting my e-book purchases under my "books aquired" above, you check out my outrageous e-book purchasing habits in two book haul posts (linked here and here).

The Other Stuff

The month started off with my birthday weekend, half of which was devoted to moving most of our stuff into storage.  Our place is now so empty that it actually echoes.  The next step will be painting and working on the landscaping in our yard to make it showhome ready.  Fingers crossed for putting it on the market in mid-April!  Despite the hecticness of moving, we still had a small family BBQ for my birthday.

The following week, I came down with a nasty cold that lingered for the rest of the month.  I alternated between losing my voice, coughing like a pack-a-day smoker and being so stuffed up that I couldn't breathe.  This is probably another reason why I read so much this month!

My mother-in-law and her husband came to visit for the last week, in honour of her 60th birthday.  We spent lots of family time together, including a family photo session.  We're now getting ready for my father-in-law to fly in tomorrow, and he'll be painting our condo this weekend (with my husband's help) as well as celebrating his 65th birthday with us on Sunday.

How about you?  What was the highlight of March for you?  Have you read anything sensational so far this year?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. What an awesome month of reading! And I didn't realize you guys are putting your place on the market this spring! How exciting!! Will you be staying in the same area, or moving somewhere new? Good luck! Xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs