3/17/16

Book Haul [25] -- These Books Bought Themselves ... Honest!

I know, I know -- I posted a book haul last weekend, and another one just a couple of weeks before that!


Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
I wasn't going to buy this book ... honest!  I was going to finish reading the Infernal Devices, and then the Bane Chronicles and THEN I was going to buy the book.  But I went to Costco, and it somehow followed me home!  On the plus side, I'm finally in the mood to read the Infernal Devices, so hopefully it'll happen soon!  I've heard nothing but great things about this book so far, so I'm hoping that I'll like it too!



Love, Chloe by Alessandra Torre
Alyssa @ Swept Away by Books posted about this book on Instagram earlier this week, and I downloaded it on a whim since it was inexpensive.  I haven't read much new adult lately, so I'm excited to check this one out!

Changing His Game by Megan Erickson
I saw this on Kelly @ Belle of the Literati's blog and loved her description of nerd love.  I don't read much romance, but knew that I would pick one up for the "book you're embarrassed to read in public" challenge -- it's really good, and very steamy, so far!

And while I was downloading Love, Chloe, I just happened to notice that Kobo was having this crazy awesome sale .... and the rest of this just happened ...


Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
This was the most expensive e-book that I bought (but still only $4.99).  I'm not completely sold on this series, but I would like to give it a shot since I know that so many people love it.

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
I've heard nothing but amazing things about this one!



Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
This book has crazy good reviews, and it's been on my TBR for quite some time.

The Queen of the Tearline by Erika Johansen
I thought that I had bought this book for super cheap last year, but it turns out that I bought the second one!  Oops, but now I have both of the books in this series, and would definitely like to give this series a shot.



Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
This premise of this book sounds intriguing, but I've always been somewhat disappointed by the cover.  Here's hoping that it's underwhelming in the same way that Me Before You was, and contains a truly wonderful story.

Have you read any of these books?  Anything that I should bump up my TBR pile?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog =)

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I've read pretty much all of Cassandra Clare's other books but I think for now I am done with the Shadowhunter world, especially since I spent a good 4 years of my life so entirely dedicated to her writing that I would fangirl about it to anyone who would listen! But the hype of Lady Midnight has me tempted to go back (also I'm wearing a Shadowhunters t shirt as we speak so I'm not sure I can claim to be fully over this series!). Also the cover is gorgeous <3 I hope you like it as much as everyone else has :)
    The only thing on this list I have read is Red Queen. It felt a little generic YA fantasy to me, but people love it so much that I might just be an exception!
    Enjoy all of your reads :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs