2/24/16

On My Nightstand - February 24

Recently shelved as read:


I savoured this one over a two week-ish span and loved every minute of it!  I binge read the Grisha trilogy during the first part of 2015 and loved it, but I loved Six of Crows even more.  The story, the characters, the twists and turns and the epic storytelling ... and the WRITING.  Gosh, Leigh can write.  If you haven't experienced this one yet, please please please give it a try.  It's absolutely magical and perfect.

On my nightstand:

 

Yup, still working on A Feast for Crows -- ha ha!  I have listened to 21 hours of the audio, and still have 14 hours left.  It's a beast of a book, that's for sure!  I feel like nothing is happening in this book, compared to some of the previous ones.  It feels like a filler book, and we don't even know what's happening with a handful of the key characters, because they just haven't been included in the story at all.  I'm hoping that the fifth book is better, because this one is definitely disappointing so far.


My amazing TBTB Secret Santa sent me Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  She included a note that she couldn't wait to hear my thoughts on the book when I finished.  I loved that she not only sent me a book that she had read and loved, but also wanted to hear what I thought about the story after I'm done reading it.  She's so thoughtful and kind (so much so that I wrote a whole blog post about her awesomeness!)

Calling my name from the shelf:


I'm definitely still eyeing The Light Between Oceans because of how much Brie @ A Slice of Brie loved it (and it's on my 16 books to read in 2016 list).  But my OTSP Secret Sister sent me an amazing package earlier this week (haul post to come) and said that we could buddy read this one together, but secretly, since I don't know who she is -- how cool is that?!?  SO, I think I'll definitely pick this one up soon, but I'm just not 100% sure that I'm in the mood to read it right now.   Maybe after I finish my current read(s) I'll feel differently?  Who knows =P

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read Six of Crows. I'm currently reading Shadow and Bone but I'm not liking it too much and I'm not sure I will read the rest of the series. Would you say I need to read all of the Grisha triolgy to read Six of Crows?
    I haven't read any George RR Martin books because the size of them is a little intimidating, but now that you mention it I might get the audiobooks instead! Still, 35 hours of a book sounds pretty scary.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs