2/9/16

Happy 3rd Birthday Marko!

It's hard to believe that three years have passed since Marko's birth, but here we are, celebrating his third birthday.  I wish that I had taken the time to share a post on his birthday each year, but there's no time like the present to play catch-up!

When you were born…
I looked at this little newborn baby and felt awed by the responsibility of being your mother.  Although I won't say that every day was easy, we surpassed each new challenge one at a time, learning about each other along the way.  From rolling over to crawling and from teething to eating solid foods, each new stage brought new discoveries and made you into more of a little boy and less of a baby.  Looking back on old photos, I still see glimpses of the little man that you'd become, coupled with now seeing glimpses of the little baby that you were.

When you turned one…
You were toddling around the house, bopping up and down whenever the music was turned on.  We laughed and called it "twerking" because you'd grab hold of whatever was nearby and just bounce your bum up and down.  You babbled like crazy, keeping up a steady stream of chatter but no real words just yet.  Except "mama," but you called everything and everyone "mama."  You started daycare which resulted in you bursting into tears the first two days when I dropped you off, and me to tears on the third day when I dropped you off and you didn't cry.  Although I missed our constant togetherness, I was excited to watch you make friends and learn some independence.

When you turned two…
Toddling is far behind you now, as you walk and run with confidence!  Your vocabulary in both English and Serbian expands each day and I love being able to have conversations with you during our commutes, even if it means less audiobooks that we used to listen to.  You were adamant about your likes and dislikes, especially about food, but we were confident that we weren't embarking on the "terrible twos" because you were just such a happy, well-adjusted little boy.

And now you're three…
We definitely didn't have a terrible two-year old, and the three year-old that you've become is just phenomenal.  You are definitely headstrong and like things just so, but you're also so funny and a great imitator, especially when you imitate your dad's antics!  Your vocabulary is still growing exponentially each day, and I still love our conversations.  You love being outside, especially at the "kitty park" (on our way to the park, there's a garden with a kitty boot scraper that you love to stop and talk to).  You still love reading books, often the same one over and over and over again, and excitedly ask to find books on specific topics when we visit the library.  You're always on the move, jumping, climbing, running, playing, which makes me value our snuggles and story time that much more, even when you sometimes ask for Tata to read your bedtime story, instead of me.  But you soften the blow with, "Next time, Mama, okay?" and a kiss, and I love the relationship that my boys have, so I happily sit on the floor and listen to Tata read a story.

Phew, I'm getting just as emotional as I was when I wrote my "Welcome to the World, Marko" post three years ago!  I am so blessed to be your Mama, and so awed by how much you've grown up in three short years.  It feels like just yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital, but also like you've always been a part of our lives.  If the past three years are any indication of how awesome life is now that you're a part of it, I can scarcely wait to find out what the next three years will hold.  Happy 3rd birthday, Marko, my beautiful baby boy.  I love you more than words can say.

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, Marko! I hope you'll grow a good boy and always stay a perfect son to your mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs