1/6/16

On My Nightstand - January 6

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

As mentioned in my last OMN post, I have been in the worst reading slump of my LIFE.  It's awful.  I went to my TBR jar and, after picking out about 50 books, I finally settled on Rebecca Eckler's Knocked Up.  I picked this book up at a used bookstore when I was pregnant with Marko and, since it's written journal-style, I thought that it might be a light, easy read to get me back into the reading mood.  It was a tough slog to get through it, but I did.  I found the main character to be juvenile and annoying, so I didn't end up enjoying it, but at least I finished a book in December!

On my nightstand:

I decided to give the next book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood a shot, which is holding my attention when I make myself sit down and read, even though I still have a tendency to pick up the iPad and watch BookTube videos or flip on HGTV instead of picking up my book.  I'm hopeful that this slump will disappear in the coming weeks, since the new year always brings a sense of invigoration as I look forward to starting new reading challenges.

Calling my name from the shelf:

See above =)  Do you have any recommendations?  I am planning to re-read the Harry Potter series on audio and I'm just waiting for the first book to come in from the library.  I'm hoping that this might re-ignite my reading fire =)

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs