1/20/16

On My Nightstand - January 20

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:


I gobbled up Scott McCloud's The Sculptor over the weekend.  I haven't read a graphic novel in about a year, and find that this genre is a little touch and go for me.  I'm working on a discussion post on this topic, but I think that I'm more of a standalone graphic novel kind of girl.  The Sculptor was the perfect page-turner from beginning to end, with a bit of magic and great character development.  Highly, highly recommend!

On my nightstand:


I'm still reading Winter, and likely will be for another few weeks.  It's really good, but I'm savouring it.  I also started Amanda Lindhout's A House in the Sky on audio, as it's my book club's upcoming read.  I'm not too far in yet, but I always like to listen to memoirs when they're narrated by the authors.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I'm definitely loving the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge since it's given me a fun way to decide which book I'll choose next.  I might dive into my TBR jar for my next pick!

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs