1/13/16

On My Nightstand - January 13

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

I finished a book!!!  I never thought that I would be this excited about that fact, but it feels like quite the accomplishment.  It took me about six days, but I read Fairest by Marissa Meyer, which had been sitting on my shelves for almost a year.  I loved being back in that world and, although the story made me a bit more sympathetic towards Queen Levana, it definitely still reinforced the fact that she is a fantastically developed villain.

On my nightstand:

I'm currently reading Winter, which I'm absolutely loving.  I have a feeling that this book may take me the rest of the month to read, so if you don't see any more On My Nightstand posts for the coming weeks, that's why.  I also signed up for a free trial of Audible and downloaded George R.R. Martin's A Feast for Crows.  My tentative plan is to read the fourth and fifth books before the next season premieres in April, but we'll see.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I'm not really sure what I'm in the mood for just yet.  I'm going to take it easy with my reading in the coming months while I ensure that this reading slump is really behind me for good.  I made myself a TBR jar for the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge, so I might pick from there and look for inspiration that way.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to check out my TBR pile in the menu bar at the top of my blog, and let me know which book(s) I should prioritize!

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs