1/1/16

Bookish Resolutions for 2016

It's hard to believe that 2015 is almost behind us!  Even though I'm always sad to bid a fond farewell to the past year, I'm always excited about the fresh start that a new year brings!  Here are my bookish resolutions for the coming year ...

1. Read mainly books from my shelves.
Last year, I made my own version of a book buying ban, whereby I decided that I wouldn't buy books unless I planned on reading them right away.  I did pretty well at this (check out my bookish resolutions wrap-up post for more info), but by focusing on this aspect, I didn't pick up many of the dusty treasures on my shelves.  This year, I'm going to focus more on reading books that I already own and, while I will still buy books now and then, they won't always be at the forefront of my reading pile.

2. Stay away from review copies.
I definitely cut way back on my review copies this year but, as the year grew to a close, I reflected on how much I suck at reviewing the books that I did read.  Next year, I'm not going to bother with review copies unless it's a book that I'm dying to read and will read and review right away.  I am appreciative that publishers have blessed me with the ability to read and review titles in advance of publication date, but my reading is too all over the map these days to meet those commitments, and I don't think it's fair for me to have these review copies when I'm not able to get to them in time.

3. Stay true to myself.
This is one of my resolutions from last year, but one that I want to keep at the forefront of my mind over the next year.  I was really proud of myself for resisting bookish hype last year, but I think that I was easily able to do so because I really took a step back from being online and only really went online to either a) watch BookTube videos or b) post on my blog.  Which leads me to the next resolution.

4. Try to interact online more.
In 2015, I spent very little time online and I miss interacting with other bloggers, whether through comments or Twitter.  I've seen favourite bloggers come and go over the past four years and I think that I need to take the time to reach out and make some new friends, as well as reinforce friendships with those that I've lost touch with.

5. Continue to make progress with my series.
I'm hoping to split my series reading this year, and focus on both series that I've recently started and series that I started years and years ago.  I'll try to write up a series TBR post in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for further details!

How about you?  Do you have any bookish reading goals for the year?  Leave me a comment below -- and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to get my TBR down to a decent level but it's so, so difficult. I managed well at the beginning of last year but then I went on holiday and it was my birthday and CHRISTMAS, and these things all completely killed my progress. Argh. I'm going to keep trying though, because I have so many books that I would love to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, ME TOO! I totally have the same problem! As much as I read the books on my shelves, I just end up getting new ones. Oh well, more to choose from, right?

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs