1/11/16

Book Haul [22] -- Christmas Edition!

These are my favourite posts to write -- I love sharing the new books on my shelves!  These posts may be a bit more infrequent this year, as I focus on reading the books that I already own (if you missed my bookish resolutions post, check it out here!)  BUT, I will be overjoyed to share each and every new book that I acquire in between reading my TBR pile!

For now, I have these delightful new additions to add to my shelves and share with you all today...

Burn by Julianna Baggott
This year I'm going to do it.  I don't care if it takes me until December to be in the mood to pick this one up, but this will be the year that I finally finish this horrifically beautiful and captivating series.


All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
This book was all over the blogosphere last year and, even though I've promised myself to stay away from bookish hype, I have to trust my heart on this one because I'm pretty sure that I'm going to love it.  Plus, Hollie @ Music, Books and Tea just read it and loved it, so I'm sold.


Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
Although I recently set aside a previous book in this series due to my massive reading slump, I would like to make some headway in this series this year!  Also, can I just say that I like this cover a lot?  This is one of the few covers in the series that doesn't look like a romance novel =P


The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
I read, and enjoyed, A Discovery of Witches last fall.  While I wouldn't say it was one of my favourite reads of 2015, it was a solidly good book and I am looking forward to finishing the series.


Black Feathers by Robert J. Wiersema
My parents have traditionally bought me Rob's latest release for Christmas, and I was overjoyed to unwrap this on Christmas!  I still haven't read Bedtime Story, but I'm hoping to get to it this year!  Black Feathers is described as King-esque, so I'm intrigued since it's so different from the other two books of his that I've read.  I worked with Rob many years ago, during my time with Bolen Books and it's so awesome to see that he's such a successful writer!

Have you read any of these books?  Any suggestions on where to start?  Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but All the Light We Cannot See is on my wish list - I've heard such good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get to that one! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a good historical fiction novel, and I've heard that it's a good one too =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs