1/4/16

2016 Series TBR

Since the beginning of the year is all about reading and reflecting, I thought I'd start with looking back at the TTT post that I shared about the beginning of 2015, outlining the series that I had planned to finish and binge read...

Ten Series I Hope to Finish in 2015

1. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Winter)
2. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (City of Heavenly Fire)
3. Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess)
4. Unwind Series by Neal Shusterman (UnWholly & UnSouled)
5. Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (Evolution & Retribution)
6. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward (Books 8 to 12)
7. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver (Requiem)
8. Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas (Heir of Fire & Book 4)
9. A Song of Ice & Fire (Books 3 to 5)
10. Legend Series by Marie Lu (Prodigy and Champion)

Not bad!  I finished four of the ten series, and made progress on two others!

Ten (Err...Nine!) Series I Want to Binge Read in 2015

1. Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore
2. Unraveling Duology by Elizabeth Norris
3. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
4. His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers (I'm currently reading Grave Mercy!)
5. Shadow & Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
6. Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
7. Something Strange & Deadly by Susan Dennard
8. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
9. Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini

Not quite as impressive.  I only binged one series, and the second one I read the first book and decided not to continue.  I did also read Grave Mercy and A Discovery of Witches, plus I read half of Graceling.

Series to Finish in 2016

Next year, I want to take a different approach.  I'm hoping to finish ten series, but I want to split my series reading between series that I recently started and ones that I started years before I started this blog.  So, here goes!

1. Lunar Chronicles (Fairest & Winter)
2. ACOTAR (A Court of Mist and Fury)
3. Throne of Glass (still untitled book #5)
4. Mara Dyer (Retribution)
5. Pure (Burn)
6. Cemetery of Forgotten Books (The Angel's Game & The Prisoner of Heaven)
7. Magyk (all but the first book)
8. UnWind (UnWholly, UnSouled & UnDivided)
9. Infernal Devices (Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess)
10. Among the Hidden (all but the first book)

I have no idea if I'll be able to read this whole list, and will probably change my mind about most of these as the year goes on!  I like that the first half of the list is only a book or two to complete or catch up in the series, which makes the whole list not so daunting.

We'll see what happens in the coming months!  How about you?  Any series reading goals for the coming year?  Let me know in the comments below and, as always, thank you so much for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these series yet, but I have decided this WILL be the year I start! I already own all published A Song of Ice and Fire books, as well as the first Mortal Instruments book and A Court of Thorns and Roses. So many series, so little time haha!

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many series, so little time -- SO TRUE! I'm excited for you that you have so many amazing series yet to discover =)

      Delete
  2. I have my series posts coming up soon, but I have so many series I need to read. What did you think of Daughter of Smoke and Bone? I have been thinking about picking up this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series! Laini Taylor's writing is so beautiful. I hope you like it too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't finished the Unwind series yet and I have no idea why! I'm on the last book and it's been amazing so far. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you liked the later books! I think that I'm a bit apprehensive after reading the second House of the Scorpion book, and not liking it at all. UnWind was such a spectacular standalone, and I don't want to ruin that experience. Crazy, hey?

      Delete
  4. I read Among the Betrayed, the 3rd in the Among the Hidden series, probably when it first came out in 2002 and didn't even know it was a series until a few years ago! It is the only one I've read but I really want to read the rest. Good luck to you with all your series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the series is worth continuing! I love that they're short too, so it'll be a quick read to gobble up the rest of the series.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs