12/16/15

Hollow City - Ransom Riggs [A DNF Review]

It makes me sad to write this review, because Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was one of the very first books that I read and reviewed on this blog.  I loved it so much, and was completely blown away by the uniqueness of the mixed media in the book.  I thought it was a perfectly creepy standalone book, but I was intrigued when I found out that the story would be continuing.

I picked this book up a few times, after Hallowe'en last year, then again in the spring and finally during October this year.  Each time, the story just wouldn't hold my attention and I found myself setting it aside.  I think I'd prefer to just remember Miss Peregrine's as a standalone, and give the rest of the series a pass.  I know that so many others have loved this series, but it's just not for me.

I received a copy of this book for review, but this did not influence my thoughts on the book in any way.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs