11/3/15

Top Five Debuts That I Want More Of and Top Five Sophomores That Didn't Disappoint


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.   Today's topic is either  Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel or Top Ten Sophomore Novels That I Loved Just As Much If Not More As The Author's Debut!  I've decided to combine the topics, and give you five of each...

Top Five Sophomore Reads That Were Just As Good As the Author's Debut:

1. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
2. After I Do by Taylor Jenkis Reid
3. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
5. The Way The Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald

Top Five Debuts Novels Where I Need MORE From This Author:

1. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
2. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
3. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt

I've had this post sitting in my drafts for weeks, expecting that I could think of a few more debuts where I was waiting for more.  Unfortunately, I just can't think of any.  BUT, there are a few books that I've read this year, where it was my first book by that author, and I know that I want to read more of her books...so here are my last two picks for this week's topic:

4. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
5. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Did any of my choices make your list?  Let me know in the comments below, and leave a link to your post and I'll stop by!  Thanks for visiting =)

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read any of these books! Clearly I should get to it. I did read Emery Lord's first book, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already heard a bit of good buzz about her book that's coming out next year (the title is escaping me!) so it sounds like she'll be three for three =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs