11/22/15

Reading On My Mat - On Joy

One of my favourite bloggers, Estelle @ Rather Be Reading, shared this update post and mentioned that she'd completed the #30DaysofYoga challenge.  (As a side note, these "just checking in" posts that she's started sharing are freakin' AWESOME, and a total inspiration!)  That night, I'd completed the first 20 minute class from Yoga Download (it's a podcast -- check it out here!)  Traffic has been horrendous over the past few weeks, which has resulted in me getting home late from work and, consequently, missing the opportunity to head to a yoga class.  Coupled with a head cold that lasted for close to two weeks, I've been seriously missing out on the opportunity to practice lately.  I didn't realize how much I crave yoga as part of my life, until I finished this short class, featuring sun salutations, and realized that I can still have yoga as part of my life, even if I can't make it to the studio.  Just 20 minutes left me feeling refreshed, energized and focused on my happiness, and I resolved to make it a part of my daily life.  When I saw that Estelle felt emotional about completing her yoga challenge, I completely understood how she felt.  Although I had just completed one class, I already felt a feeling of joy surging through my body, as well as feeling at peace and content.

Although I haven't had the opportunity to practice this weekend, I have spent a lot of time walking outside with my two loves.  We spent Saturday morning at a local park, and then this morning we went walking at a local lake.  It was chilly, but not insanely cold, and the sun was shining.  Marko was just so happy to be outside and enjoying the fresh air.  Most of our winter is cold and rainy, so we don't get the opportunity to be outside all that much.  We enjoy every moment that we can, since we never know when the sun will come back out again.  Seeing him shriek with glee as he ran across a little bridge, or gaze in wonderment at a heron across the lake (so BIG, Mama, like a DINOSAUR!) filled my heart with such joy and contentment.  I am overjoyed at the opportunity that I have to share in these experiences with him, and it is such a blessing to see the world through a toddler's eyes, as he experiences the wonders of the world for the first time.

Plus, I've had the Christmas music going for about a week now (Shhhh, don't tell my husband though, who insists that the Christmas season can't begin until December 1st!)  This will be the first Christmas that Marko will start to understand about what the season means.  I already can't wait to put up the Christmas tree, decorate gingerbread men and sing carols together.  It's going to be a special season, just one of many, many, many more to come.

Hope that your Sunday has been filled with joy, and that your days to come are filled with even more joy and wonder.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs