11/1/15

October Wrap-Up!

It's hard to believe that we're already a month into fall!  The rain is here in spades, and I've enjoyed reading under my Harry Potter snuggie the past few evenings, sipping a cup of tea.  I can get used to this weather!

The Books

Books Read: 1 (Black Iris)
It was a very slow reading month for me.  Black Iris was a bit tough to get into, partly because it's a strange little book, but partly because I'd just finished Queen of Shadows.  I'm mostly finished with A Discovery of Witches too, but it'll count towards next month's reading, and I'm also halfway through an audio book.

Books Acquired: None!
I have acquired a total of 25 books so far this year, and have already read 17 of them, so only 8 acquired and unread books -- still pretty proud of myself!  I have placed an order for two new releases though, so stay tuned for a book haul in the coming weeks!

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: None -- the only book that I read this month was a standalone.
Flights of Fantasy: None, again.
TBR Challenge: None, yet again.  I'm definitely not going to make my goal on this challenge, but I think it's also due to my reading books as soon as I acquire them goal.  I've already started re-thinking my resolutions for next year =P 

The Blog

I started the month off with launching the fall-long readathon that I'm co-hosting with Lauren @ Lose Time Reading.  It's very low key, and we have a prize, but there's very few people who have signed up so far.  If you still want to join, it's running until December 31st, so sign up now!  I also shared a fun TBR post which, at my reading rate, will definitely not be completed this year =P

I'm really struggling with guilt over unread review copies and end of the year reading blahs.

Finally, I brought back my Friday Favourite posts with a look back at The Truth About Forever, and another look back at my very first Marko Monday post!

The Other Stuff

We had our performance reviews at work, and I got the raise that I asked for!  The newly hired marketing person left, so I'm doing that job again for the time being.  Instead of juggling both roles, the company brought in a temp to handle my job, and it's actually been quite fun working at a totally different job for a while.  I'd consider putting my name forward for the job permanently, except that I don't have much in the way of Adobe skills, or web design, both of which are important components of the job.  I've been enjoying the proposal writing and the template design components though, especially because I've learned some fun new tricks in Word.

I just finished my midterm for my course before writing this post and, phew, I'm glad that's over.  I don't do well with multiple choice questions, but I managed to get 37/40.  Hopefully I do just as well on the written answers, but I have to wait a bit to hear my results.  I'm really enjoying the course, since it's more of a practical application to what I do at work all day.

Hallowe'en was pretty low key in our household.  Marko wore his costume at daycare (he was a minion), but wasn't too impressed with the whole thing.  We took him to a pumpkin patch, which he loved (especially the "kumpkins"), but the trick or treating was a little over his head.  It poured rain on Hallowe'en night here, so we went to a friend's house for dinner instead.  I think he'll be more into Hallowe'en next year, when he's a little older.

What's happened in your life this past month?  Have you read anything interesting lately?  Let's chat in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs