10/19/15

On Unpopular Opinions

I've seen this book tag around on YouTube, and thought it looked like fun.  I feel like the black sheep every once in a while when it comes to some books, so I thought I'd compile it all into one post =)

1. A popular book or series that I didn't like:
I think I might be the only person in the world that didn't fall head over heels in love with Gayle Forman.  I read If I Stay before I started this blog, but had no interest in reading on with the series, nor have I had any interest in picking up any of her other books!

2. A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate, but I loved:
Wither had a lot of popular reviews, but everyone's opinion of the series tanked after the second book and dropped even further once the series wrapped up, but I loved the entire series.

3. An OTP that I wasn't a fan of:
Warner.  Ugh.

4. A popular genre that I hardly reach for:
I don't know if dystopians can still be considered a popular genre, but I think I'm dystopian-ed out.  I read WAY too many when I first started this blog, and have not been in the mood for one since then.

5. A popular character that I just didn't like:
Can I go with Warner again?

6. A popular author that I just can't get into:
Rainbow Rowell.  I know, I know, don't hate me!  I've actually read all of her books (with the exception of Carry On), and the only one that I really liked it Attachment.  I enjoyed Fangirl as well, but I skipped all of the fanfiction sections, so I feel like I really only read half the book.  Eleanor + Park was okay, as was Landline, but everyone seems to LOVE her books, and they're just okay in my opinion.

7. A popular book trope that I'm tired of seeing:
Love triangles.  No more, please and thank you!

8. A popular series that I have no interest in reading:
I did read the first one, but I have no interest in reading any more of Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits series.  I really thought I would like them, but not so much.

9. A movie/TV adaptation that I liked better than the book:
This might seem contrary to my first answer, but I did enjoy the movie version of If I Stay WAY more than the book.  The music in the movie really added to the story.

Do you have any of the same unpopular opinions as me?  Let me know in the comments below!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. very interesting book tag. I agree with you on if i stay... didn't care for the book much but the movie was great. Totally agree with love triangles. no more please.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs