10/7/15

On My Nightstand - October 7

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

I finally, finally finished Queen of Shadows!  It was beautiful, wonderful, perfect and heartbreaking, just like all of the other books have been thus far.  This series is truly perfection, utter perfection.

I also listened to Rainbow Rowell's Landline on audio.  It was okay; Rainbow's books are really hit and miss with me.  It was really slow in some parts, a lot of parts actually, but I did like the concept and the execution of the story.

On my nightstand:

I'm almost finished with Leah Raeder's Black Iris.  I'm thinking of suggesting this for my book club's next pick because, honestly, I'm not sure what the heck is happening in this book!  It has an unreliable narrator, and the timeline keeps flipping back and forth, so I'm getting a bit confused.  Leah's writing is absolutely spectacular though, which is definitely why I keep reading.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I gave myself a goal of five books this month, but we're already a week in and I've barely finished one!  Beautiful Disaster and The Young Elites are both books that I have started this year, but put aside in favour of something different.  The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and A Discovery of Witches are both the first book in a series that I want to read so badly.  Plus, they both feel very October-esque.  Thoughts?

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs