10/14/15

On My Nightstand - October 14

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

I finished Leah Raeder's Black Iris.  There were moments where I absolutely loved the book, and others where I had no idea what the heck was going on.  By the end, it was a solid read, and I think I'd get more out of the book if I read it a second time.  Beautifully written, but the narrative was confusing at times.

On my nightstand:

I've been dying to read A Discovery of Witches for quite some time, and decided that it would be the perfect fall/October read!  It'll likely take me the rest of the month to finish this book, as I'm reading a bit less now that I'm back at school, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far!  It's been quite a while since I've read any adult fiction, so I'm enjoying that aspect.

Calling my name from the shelf:

Depending on how I feel when I finish A Discovery of Witches, I might just continue on with Shadow of Night, since I own that one already.  If I'm craving some YA afterwards, then I might just jump into the Mara Dyer series.  I'm still on the fence about re-reading book 1, or just jumping into book 2.

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read A Discovery of Witches for awhile now. It's so long! It will take me forever to read it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs