10/26/15

Marko Monday [18]

Marko pulled Love You Forever by Robert Munsch off the shelf a few weeks ago, and has now insisted that "Mama read a baby story!" almost every night for the past couple of weeks.  After some repeated readings, I've finally managed to read the entire thing without getting a lump in my throat, crying or getting to the point where I'm so emotional that words won't come out.  Then, while reading it the other night, I read the words that the mother sings to her little boy:
I'll love you foreverI'll like you for alwaysAs long as I'm livingMy baby you'll be
Marko was sitting on my lap, but he twisted around so that he was looking at my and said, "My baby you be" and my heart MELTED.  I absolutely love the little man that he is becoming, but I still always see in him the little boy that he's always been and the baby that he was.  I carried him out of the bath, wrapped in his puppy towel, the other day and I guess I carried him differently than my husband does, because now he insists that I carry him "like a baby" after his bath.

Love You Forever was the first picture book that I featured on Marko Monday, and it's a book that Marko and I are going to treasure for years and years to come.  In honour of this throwback review, I've also decided to look at new and old photos of my little man.  It's crazy how much he's changed over the past couple of years!




POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs