10/15/15

Lose Time RRReading TBR Pile!

There's nothing that I enjoy more than making TBR lists, jars, piles, you name it!  Although I love to plan my reading, I rarely ever follow the lists that I set out for myself ... but that will never stop me from making 'em!

If you haven't already seen our launch post, Lauren @ Lose Time Reading and I are hosting a fall-themed readathon that lasts the whole season, rather than just a week-long readathon.  We have prizes too, so please sign up and join us!  The sign-up post is here.

Here are the books that I'm planning to read ... if I can get to them all!

1. Read a book with a fall colour on the cover (red, orange, yellow or brown).
I read the first volume of the Saga series at the beginning of this year, and would like to read the rest of them before the end of the year.  The second volume just happens to have red on the cover!


2. Read a book and then watch the movie or TV adaptation.
I haven't decided if I'll complete this challenge, as there aren't any book to movie adaptations that I really want to see at this moment.  Although, I still haven't watched the Hobbit movies (I know, I know!) so I might catch up on those this fall.

3. Read a book that has been sitting on your shelf for more than a year.
I'm planning to finish Beautiful Disaster, which has been on my shelves for at least two years!

4. Read a book that was released this year.
This one will be either Winter, Fairest or Six of Crows!

5. Read a book from your favourite genre.
It's hard to decide what my favourite genre is these days!  A few years ago, I would have quickly answered dystopian, but lately I seem to be either contemporary or fantasy.

6. Read a book that is outside of your comfort zone.
Ideally, I'd finish A Feast of Crows, but I doubt that it going to happen!  I may count A Discovery of Witches for this challenge, as it's a book I wouldn't have picked up without Lauren's love of the series prompting me to do so.

7. Read a spooky book.
Mara Dyer -- this IS happening this year!

8. Read an ARC that's past its publication date.
I have a post about this from earlier this week, but I will catch up on ALL my ARCs and/or decide that I'm not going to read the ones that I haven't read thus far.

9. Read a book for a series that you are trying to catch up on.
Hopefully, the next two Saga books!

10. Reread a comfort book or a book you really loved and have been itching to reread.
I will likely begin the Mara Dyer series with a reread of the first book, as I liked it but can barely remember what happened!

11. Read a book that was recommended to you by someone else.
A Discovery of Witches!  And probably the next two as well!

12. Read a holiday/winter themed book.
Winter!  Which probably isn't winter themed, but it's CALLED Winter, so that counts for something, right?

What are you planning to read for the readathon?  Let me know in the comments below!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs