9/22/15

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Although I almost never read what I had planned to read, I do enjoy putting these posts together.  As summer draws to a close, I find my attention shifting away from the fun, summery contemporaries and towards some more fall-ish titles.  I crave fantasy, mystery, thriller, paranormal and scary stories as the days get shorter and the nights get chilly.  My sister bought me a Harry Potter snuggie this year, and I can't wait to curl up underneath its coziness with a big mug of tea and one of these delicious reads...

1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
3. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I loved the first book when I read it back in 2012, but I can barely remember the plot at all.  I would like to re-read the first book, and then binge read the rest of the series.  

4. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
5. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
These books have been calling my name from the shelf for a few months now, but I wanted to wait until fall to really savour them.  Of course, if I love them as much I hope that I will, I will definitely rush out to the bookstore to pick up the third book, but I only have these two on my shelves at the moment.

6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I gobbled up the entire Grisha trilogy earlier this year, and I can't wait for more of this work and Leigh's beautiful writing.

7. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
I've had this book sitting on my shelves for over a year, and I need an unputdownable read in my life.

8. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
I'm a bit scared to try this one out, since I couldn't get into Jellicoe Road and so many people love all things Melina Marchetta.  But I'm also hopeful that I'll love this series too, so I want to give it a try.

9. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
I started reading this before my copy of Queen of Shadows arrived, and I want to finish it before the year is over.  I'm enjoying it -- it's not blowing me away, but still a fun contemporary.

10. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
This is another one that I started, but haven't finished yet.  It was too summery and nice for this darker story, so I set it aside, but I was liking it and definitely want to pick it back up.  Plus, I think the sequel is out soon-ish?

Do you find that your reading tastes change when the weather gets colder?  If so, what kind of books do you like to read in the fall?  Let me know in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I thought Beautiful Disaster was fun. I mean, it's a little crazy, but still fun. I hope you like it once you get back to it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs