9/2/15

August Wrap-Up!

I know that I say this every month, but where is 2015 going?  I feel like summer just started, and now it's over...although, I can't say that I'll miss the heat.  We've had one of the hottest summers ever (so hot that we actually caved and bought an A/C!) and I can't wait for the sunny days and crisp cold nights that come with fall.  Plus, I've been craving some more fall-ish reads (i.e. darker plots, paranormal, thrillers, mysteries, that kind of thing!)

The Books

Books Read: 8 (The War That Saved My Life, Every Last Word, After I Do, Leaving Time, Onyx, Yes Please, I Am Malala, Fallen Too Far)
Two of these were books off my own shelves, both of which were purchased this year, and the rest were library books.

Books Acquired: None!
I have acquired a total of 23 books so far this year, and have already read 15 of them, so only 8 acquired and unread books -- pretty proud of myself for that one!  I pre-ordered Queen of Shadows and had to add a second book to my order in order to get free shipping, so stay tuned for a book haul!

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +2 for reading Onyx, the second book in the Lux series.
Flights of Fantasy: None again this month, but I'm counting down the minutes until I have Queen of Shadows in my hands!
TBR Challenge: Most of my books were library books this month, plus a couple that I acquired this year, so I'm holding strong at 14 books this year.  I would definitely like to work on reading more of the books that I own, especially those acquired this year, for the rest of this year.  

The Blog

I started the month off with my August TBR, which was ambitious, but I actually managed to read three books off that stack, as well as half of a fourth one.  Although I didn't read all of the books that I had tentatively picked for the challenges, I did manage to fulfill six of the seven challenges (I came close to reading a book without putting it down, but still had 23% left to read when Marko woke up from his nap).

I shared the Reading Habits Tag, as well as my top ten auto-buy authors and books that I'd put on the syllabus for Bullying 101.

I also started a new series of posts about my reading journey, starting in elementary school where it all began.

The Other Stuff

Work has been crazy crazy busy these past few months, but is finally starting to calm down a bit.  I've worked a lot of overtime in the past few months, but have banked the extra hours and am taking a couple of days off to make this coming weekend extra long!

We had an insanely hot summer with very little rain, to the point where there were Stage 3 water restrictions imposed (no sprinklers, only hand watering, no car washing) in an effort to conserve our water.  Finally, last week, the weather turned and we had some much needed rainfall.  Then, we had a huge windstorm on Saturday morning, which knocked our power out for almost 24 hours!  I'm loving the cooler weather, and am already planning out which fall reads to pair with this chilly weather.  A good book + rain pattering on the window + a big mug of tea + a cozy blanket = perfection and bliss.

I was going to get a Marko Monday post together at the end of August, but just didn't have a moment.  We've had family in town on and off for the entire month of August, plus we've spent the past couple of weeks potty training!  My husband has been home with Marko and decided that he would take on the daunting task of potty training.  I was honestly not sure if Marko was even ready, nor did I think that he could train in three weeks -- but he surpassed my expectations and rocked it in less than two weeks!  I might be a little biased, but I think my son is crazy, crazy smart =P

What's happened in your life this past month?  Do you love fall like I do?  Do your reading tastes change when the weather turns colder?  Have you read anything interesting lately?  Let's chat in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs