8/16/15

On My Nightstand - August 16

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a weekly-ish feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile!

Recently shelved as read:

I read Tamara Ireland Stone's Every Last Word in about two days.  HOLY SMOKES that was an amazing book!  I feel like it had a bit of buzz around the blogosphere, but everyone needs to read it, like NOW.  It's the story of a girl who has OCD (but more obsessive, less compulsive) and I absolutely LOVED her story.  Absolutely beyond five stars -- it's beautifully written, tugs at the heart strings big time, and one that I will definitely be buying and re-reading.

After that, I picked up Taylor Jenkins Reid's After I Do, which I also loved.  At first, I was worried that I wouldn't really connect with the main character, who's going through a rough patch in her marriage.  The book is about so much more than that, and touches on all kinds of love and themes.  I loved it even more than Forever, Interrupted and will definitely be picking up a copy of her latest release soon!

On my nightstand:

I let my husband pick my next read off my August TBR pile and he chose the next book in the Lux series because he's "tired of looking at this book."  That cracked me up.  I usually like to pick a pile of books that I feel like reading and let him choose when I'm having a hard time making up my mind, and I guess he got tired of constantly seeing the bind-up on the pile, since I read the first book, but had yet to read the second book.  I'm almost done, and I'm liking it better than the first book so I'll definitely finish the series.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I'm still planning to knock a couple of review books off my TBR this month, but I've also been working my way through my very ambitious August TBR and I'm doing pretty well so far!  Any suggestions on where I should begin?  I'm definitely craving a new series, but I still can't quite decide which one to read...

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs