8/2/15

July Wrap Up!

The Books

Books Read: 4 (Saint Anything, The Start of Me and You, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Golden)
All of these were books off my own shelves; three were purchased this year, and one was a book that has been on my shelves for a couple of years.

Books Acquired: None!
I have acquired a total of 23 books so far this year, and have already read 13 of them, so only 10 acquired and unread books -- pretty proud of myself for that one!  I'm also halfway through a bind-up of the first two Lux books, so I'll soon be at 14.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: None, it was a month of standalones.
Flights of Fantasy: None, I've definitely been craving contemporary!
TBR Challenge: All of my read books were off my shelves, but only one has been on my shelf for a while, so I'm up to 14 books so far this year!

The Blog

I started off the month with deciding to do things a little differently here on the blog, and focus on the other aspects of my life beyond just reading.  So far, I've shared a post about my yoga journey and I'm excited about writing other posts in the future.  I also wrote two more updates on my reading (here's the first and second) and I'm thinking about doing these weekly from now on!

I also shared the Disney Princess Tag, which I found on Quinn's Book Nook, and joined in Top Ten Tuesday to share ten books that celebrate diversity.  I wrote a discussion post on TBRs and I loved the comments that you all shared about the way that you manage your TBRs!  I had never thought about heading to Goodreads to find my next book to read, but I was amazed that most of you do just that!  My last post of the month was a library book haul -- my first one of these in a long, long time!

The Other Stuff

Knock on wood, but my car appears to be back to normal!  Otherwise, most of July was spent just trying to stay cool -- it's been so insanely hot here!  We even have water restrictions in place (no lawn watering, no washing cars, etc.) because there hasn't been enough rain.  Let's just say that I am MORE than ready for fall to arrive.  Anyone else feeling the same way?

What's happened in your life this past month?  Do you hate car trouble as much as I do?  Have you read anything interesting lately?  Let's chat in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs