7/10/15

On My Nightstand - July 10

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

Another crazy week in my world, and almost forgot that I had this post drafted for Wednesday!

On my nightstand:

Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat and I are reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  After a few summery contemporaries, I'm craving some fantasy again.  I'm only a couple of chapters in so far, and it's a bit slow and info-dumpy, but I'm intrigued by the premise.

I also just started Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult on audio.  I'm only a couple of chapters in, but it's pretty good so far.  It has multiple narrators, which I love.

Recently shelved as read:

Last week, I finished Sarah Dessen's Saint Anything and absolutely loved it!  It's been a few years since I enjoyed one of Sarah's novels, and I'd forgotten how much her books personify summer.  This book was just as good as all of her previous novels, full of powerful moments and beautiful storytelling.  Then, I picked up The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord which I absolutely LOVED.  I adored Open Road Summer when I read it last year, but I think that I love this one even more.  The characters, the story, the friendship -- it's just so amazing!

Calling my name from the shelf:

Depending on how I like Graceling, I might continue on with the series right away.  Otherwise, I think I might pick up the second book in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I read the first one a couple of weeks ago, and the book's been calling my name for the last little while.

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs