7/5/15

On Being You

I randomly decided to PVR a movie called Moms' Night Out and watched it with my hubby last night.  What I thought would actually be a fun chick flick actually turned into a movie that left me thinking long after the credits had finished rolling, and has inspired me to make some changes here on the blog.

Towards the end of the movie, one of the characters says that she tries so hard, and it's just not enough.  Another character asks her, "Not enough for who?" and the message is that you are enough by just being yourself.  (Side note: I'm horrible at remembering movie dialogue, so this is probably not 100% accurate).  The point of this exchange was to remember that it's not always about proving your worth to others, but it's about just being content with who you are, and that that's enough.

I've been struggling with coming up with creative content on the blog, especially when it comes to discussion posts.  I've shared a lot of discussion posts over the past year or two, and am running out of topics.  I have a few ideas in draft form, but have been hesitant to post too many of them, because then I wonder what I'm going to do when all those drafts are used up.  What will I write about then?

In a flash of inspiration, I realized that I think I'm tired of my blog being only about reading.  Sure, the title of my blog is Writer Grrl Reads, so my blog has always been about reading.  But the first part of the blog title, Writer Grrl, has always been a description of myself, a writer with a bit of spunk, a bit of a feminist spark, a bit girly, a bit grrrrrrrrrrrly!  And, although I'm a reader, I'm also MORE than just a reader.  I'm a mom, a wife, a (semi) regular yoga practitioner, an administrative goddess, an organizational wizard, a bit of a packrat and a continual optimist.  And I want to share ALL OF THAT on my blog because it's my space.  Hopefully, this may also make my blog interesting to those of you who like to do more than just read, because we all have interests that lie outside of reading.  Maybe we share some of those interests?  I hope we do, because I'm happy that you've found my blog, and I'm looking forward to sharing more diverse posts with you.

POST SIGNATURE

4 comments:

  1. I always worry about having original and exciting content too, it's hard these days not to feel like you have to keep trying to be better. But you're right with everything on this post. I'm excited to see what kinds of things you're going to share in the future.
    My blog is mainly reviews and I've been wanting to do something extra with it but I don't know what that is yet. Someday I'll figure it out lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! Your comment means a lot, and I'm glad that you're as excited about this as I am! Since you've also got the bug to figure out some extra, I'm sure that you'll come up with something amazing soon -- I can't wait to see what it'll be!

      Delete
  2. I think this is a fantastic idea! This is also why I changed from being just a "book blog" ... It was too constrictive and to be honest, a little boring. I think you should definitely write about anything you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! I love what you've done with your blog over the past year, and I'm hoping my changes turn out just as well =) xoxo

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs