7/20/15

Disney Princess Tag

I came across this tag on Quinn's Book Nook a long, long time ago and I thought it would be really fun to participate. Soudha from Of Stacks and Cups created this tag.
My Disney Princess Facts:
  1. It's a tie between Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid when it comes to choosing my favourite Disney movie.  The Lion King is also near and dear to my heart, but there's no princess in that story, so I can't really count it for this tag (but I guess Nala would count?)
  2. I also love Tinkerbell, but Peter Pan is one of my least favourite Disney movies.
  3. My husband bought me Disney Scene It (the board game) and played it with me once.  He refuses to play it again because I kicked his butt so badly the first time.
1. Snow White – Name your favorite classic 
Definitely Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.  I read it for English in Grade 10, and, although I would love to re-read it at some point, I'm also afraid that I won't love it as much the second time.
2. Cinderella – Name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime
Embarrassingly, the Twilight series.  I couldn't put those books down, and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning trying to read just.one.more.chapter.
3. Aurora – Name your favorite classic romance
I'm going to go with a non-traditional romance, and say The Velveteen Rabbit.  The love that that little bunny has for the little boy is truly heartwarming.
4. Ariel – Name a book that’s about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams
The Hunger Games trilogy -- Katniss puts herself through crazy situations because she dreams of a better world, especially for her sister.
5. Belle – Name a book with a smart and independent female character
This is pretty much the definition of Celeana and the Throne of Glass series
6. Jasmine – Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his or her world
Alina from Leigh Bardugo's Grisha trilogy, and I LOVE her even more because of that fact!
7. Pocahontas – Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions
Morgan Matson's Second Chance Summer -- I sobbed on my husband's shoulder for at least half an hour after I finished reading that one.
8. Mulan – Name a book with a kick-ass female character
I want to say Celeana again but, in the interest of coming up with someone else, I'm going to go with Karou from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy.  She's got blue hair, need I say more?
9. Tiana – Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character
I haven't seen The Princess & the Frog (I know, scandalous!).  BUT, I feel like Karou from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy would fit this description pretty well.
10. Rapunzel – Name a book that features an artist
Bria from Wanderlove -- I loved how the author even included little sketches in the book!
11. Merida – Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship
I'm going to go with my current audiobook read, Leaving Time, which is Jenna's story of her search for her mother, who disappeared when she was three.
12. Anna and Elsa – Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings 
Although it's probably not the most healthy of sisterly relationships, the one book that immediately jumped to mind is another Jodi Picoult novel, My Sister's Keeper.

Hope you enjoyed reading my answers, and thanks for stopping by!  If you've done this tag as well, feel free to leave a link in the comments below, as I'd love to read your answers as well.  And if you haven't done the tag yet, please join the fun!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you did this tag! It is super fun, isn't it. I definitely stayed up really late reading Twilight, too. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs