6/27/15

On My Nightstand - June 27

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

It's been such a crazy week (more on that in my upcoming June wrap-up!) that I completely forgot share this week's post!

On my nightstand:

I'm currently about halfway through Sarah Dessen's Saint Anything, which I'm really enjoying so far.  The story isn't blowing my mind, but I like the comfort of returning to Sarah's writing style after so many years.

Recently shelved as read:

I finally finished Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses after savouring the last few chapters and not wanting it to end!  It was really, really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I do like the Throne of Glass series a little bit better.  

Then, I read Taylor Jenkins Reid's Forever, Interrupted, which I also really enjoyed!  It has a past/present narrative, and I loved the way the story unfolded.  

Finally, I also read Obsidian, the first book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series.  I didn't enjoy the first half very much, and found the characters to be quite juvenile and annoying, but the story became more interesting after the halfway mark and I'll definitely check out the next book.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I had originally decided to read both The Young Elites and Fairest this month, but I don't think I'm going to have time to read either, since June is almost over.  I'm still craving some summery contemporary goodness, so I'm thinking of picking up The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord.  

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. On Wednesday, I posted a read recap at http://runwright.net/2015/06/25/weekly-reads-wednesday-5/
    However, since then, I've read a couple ebooks and am now making my way through Liane Moriarty's What Alice Forgot, my 5th Moriarty novel in 2 months. I'm on a mission! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs