6/10/15

On My Nightstand - June 10

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

On my nightstand:

I've been savouring Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses for almost two weeks.  I'm close to being finished, but I don't want it to end!

Recently shelved as read:

I finished my first Kristin Hannah book, Home Front, and really liked it!  I listened to it on audio, and the narrator was awesome.  My coworker lent me Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick, which is one of her all-time favourite books.  I liked it, but didn't love it, since it reminded me a lot of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.  I enjoyed those books, but I think I was expecting a fresh, new storyline, not one that I'd read before.  I also managed to finish Sadie Jones' The Outcast just in time for bookclub!  It was an okay read, nothing sensational.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I have tried (and failed thus far) at joining a challenge on Instagram.  I'm still new to Instagram (you can find me here) and honestly just don't have the time to devote to creating beautiful bookish photos.  I love scrolling through my feed and seeing the unique ways that others have captured some of my favourite books, and I am in awe of the time and devotion that goes into creating some of those incredible shots.  But I did post a shot of my TBR for the month, inspired by the TBR Takedown readathon categories.  So, for the remainder of June, I'll be choosing from the following titles...

  1. A book that's been on your TBR over a year: Forever Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Although I recently acquired this book, I've been wanting for read it for over a year).
  2. An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf: Fairest by Marissa Meyer (It's been over a year since I read Cress, and I'm excited by more of the Lunar Chronicles' world, but also a bit nervous that I've forgotten it all).
  3. A first book in a series on your TBR shelf: The Young Elites by Marie Lu (I started this one a few weeks ago, but put it down in favour of a contemporary break when the weather turned sunny and warm -- it's a bit dark for summer, but hopefully I can read some more if/when it starts raining again).
  4. An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf: Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Aliens?  Hmm.  I've also never read a JLA book, so I feel like this is "out of my comfort zone" twice over!  Excited, but nervous, especially since I own three books by JLA).
  5. A book from your most recent book haul: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (currently reading!)

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I didn't want ACOTAR to end either, but you must finish it soon to enjoy the ending! And then pine with the rest of us until the next one is out.
    Current'y I'm reading Truthwitch which a local blogger kindly let me borrow :) It's pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely finish ACOTAR soon because I want to find out how it ends. It's crazy exciting at the moment! I haven't read any of Susan Dennard's books, but I know how excited everyone was about the Truthwitch ARCs at BEA. I can't wait to experience her books, especially since she's Sarah J Maas' BFF =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs