5/27/15

On My Nightstand - May 27

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

On my nightstand:

I have book club tonight, and I'm slowly plodding through Sadie Jones' The Outcast.  The premise sounded intriguing, but the writing isn't all that great.  I don't think that I'll finish it in time, but I'm not worried if I don't find out how it ends.  

I'm also listening to my first Kristin Hannah book, Home Front, and I'm really liking it so far!  It's had heartwarming moments, sad moments and is a really great family story.

Recently shelved as read:

I picked up two Colleen Hoover books from the library, Ugly Love and Confess, and loved them both.  It's been a while since I've ready any of her books, and I forgot how much I enjoyed them!  I've been craving contemporary lately, so I also read (and reviewed!) A Sense of the Infinite and This Song Will Save Your Life.  Both were amazing!

Calling my name from the shelf:

I have had Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks now and, as much as I want to read this right away, I also want to wait a little while since there's still so long to wait until Queen of Shadows is released in September.  I also borrowed  Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick from a co-worker, and know that this one will fuel my desire for yummy contemporaries.  My co-worker also wants to buddy read Kristen Harmel's The Life Intended, which sounds AWESOME.

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!
POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ACOTAR was such a good book!! Try not to wait too long to read it.
    I'm currently reading Cold Iron by Stina Leicht, a high fantasy, and it's really good so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't heard of that one! Let me know how it is when you finish it -- I've been on such a fantasy kick this year ;)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs