5/8/15

April Wrap-up

I know that I say this every month, but where is 2015 going?!?  I can't believe the year is flying by so quickly, but I'm also grateful that spring is here and we've been blessed with some truly incredible sunny weather so far.

The Books

Books Read: 7 (Legend, Shadow & Bone, Prodigy, Champion, Siege & Storm, Challenger Deep, Requiem)
Of these books, all but one were books off my own shelves.  One book was a review copy.

Books Acquired: 6 (Siege & Storm, Ruin and Rising, The Truth About Forever and Lux: Beginnings)
I have acquired a total of 15 books so far this year, and have already read 6 of them.  That's almost half!  I'm not reading immediately after purchasing, as I had originally promised myself in my new year's resolutions, but I have read a few immediately after buying them.  I'm keeping the pile of recently purchased books on my nightstand, so that I can choose my next read from this pile.

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +24 points (10 points for finishing the Legend trilogy, plus 2 points for the Prodigy and Champion; 2 points for Siege and Storm and 12 points for Requiem)
Flights of Fantasy: 2 more books read (Shadow & Bone and Siege and Storm) for a total of 5 books so far!
TBR Challenge: 5 more books off my shelves, for a total of 10 so far!

The Blog

I shared a list of top ten characters that I'd like to check in with, inspiring book quotes, all time favourite authors, as well as the most badass characters that I've read.  I read quite a few review books this month, and shared my reviews for 99 Days, Things We Know By Heart and Challenger Deep.  I also made my very first order on Book Outlet and then shared a subsequent post about this being one of my new bookish distractions!  Finally, I shared two more of my new On My Nighstand feature, as well as participating for the last time in Life of a Blogger -- it was fun, but it's come to an end.

The Other Stuff

April was a pretty quiet month in our household.  We were supposed to head to the Island to visit my parents, but double booked ourselves with also promising to cat sit for my sister-in-law, so we postponed our trip until later in May.  The weather has been all over the place this month, with warm sunny days followed by freak hail storms!  We've made the most of whatever sun we have had, and have spent many lovely afternoons at the park.  I forsee a lot more of these types of days in the coming months!

Hope you had a great April too!  And thanks for stopping by =)

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs